Monday, April 19, 2010

Monster Chic - Big & Furry Makes the Cut?

Ganti kode adsense link 160x600
Ganti kode adsense link 336x280

For anyone who observed the runway offerings for Fall 2010, you probably noticed that fur was making a comeback. At first, I was excited that it signaled a return to luxury. Now, as I look over the past year, I realize that it has less to do with decadence, but an excuse to be a beastly ogre.

While I expected movies like Young Victoria and Coco Before Chanel from 2009 to inspire fashion trends for this year, I never expected Shrek and Where the Wild Things Are to make the cut. The cast of the Green monster movie starred in a photo spread for VMAN magazine. Downtown chic boutique Opening Ceremony offered an entire collection around the wild ones. In Paris, right there on Chanel's icy catwalk, was the Abonimable snowman. I suppose when you are over-sized and covered in hair, it hides all sins...

That's just what every girl needs...To have her boyfriend's Star Wars Wookie fantasies validated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Fashion News
Designs By Bhambank Mbambong Blog